Unit 4 Introduction to Programming (6 weeks)
Topics to be addressed
- Algorithms and Absgtractions
- Connections between mathematics and computer science
- Societal impacts of computing
Students are introduced to some basic issues associated with program design and development.
Students design algorithms and create programming solutions to a variety of computational problems using an iterative development process in Scratch. Programming problems include mathematical and logical concepts and a variety of programming constructs.
The student will be able to:
- Use appropriate algorithms to solve a problem.
- Design, code, test, and execute a program that corresponds to a set of specifications.
- Select appropriate programming structures.
- Locate and correct errors in a program.
- Explain how a particular program functions.
- Justify the correctness of a program.
- Create programs with practical, personal, and/or societal intent.
Overview for Day 4