Unit 3 WebDesign(5 weeks)
Topics to be addressed
- Web page design and development
- Computers and the internet
- Algorithms and abstraction
- Societal impacts of computing
This section prepares students to take the role of a developer by expanding their knowledge of algorithms, abstraction, and web page design and applying it to the creation of web pages and documentation for users and equipment. Students will explore issues of social responsibility in web use. They will learn to plan and code their web pages using a variety of techniques and check their sites for usability. Students learn to create user-friendly websites. Students will apply fundamental notions of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and ergonomics.
The student will be able to:
- Create web pages to address specified objectives.
- Create web pages with a practical, personal, and/or societal purpose.
- Select appropriate techniques when creating web pages.
- Use abstraction to separate style from content in web page design and development.
- Describe the use of a website with appropriate documentation.
Overview for Day 3
Unit 3 Web Resources